LOUGH DERG 2013
One Day Retreats
Dates: May: 4,5,6,11,12,13,18,19,20,21,25,26,27,
Times 9.15am - 4.00pm
Price: 40euros includes boat, tea & coffee, Services and lunch
- The retreats are open to all adults; they are not suited to children
- Those unable to make the traditional Three Day Pilgrimage are particularly welcome.
- The retreats do not require fasting or walking bare-footed.
- Numbers are limited, so advance booking is essential
- Group discounts available on receipt of 150euro deposit
The Traditional Three Day Pilgrimage
Dates: 31st May until 15th August
Times: Boats between 11.00am and 3.00pm, daily until 13th August
Price: 70euro includes boat, accommodation, Services and Lough Derg meals
- Pilgrims must be at least 15 years of age, in normal good health and able to walk and kneel unaided and free from any illness aggravated by fasting.
- Pilgrims must fast from midnight prior to arrival.
- Pilgrims are advised to bring warm and waterproof clothing, insect repellent, sun block and any prescription medication.
- Bed linen is provided; please bring your own towels and toiletries.
- Booking for the Three Day Pilgrimage is not essential, although it is advised.
- Group discounts available.
DIOCESAN PILGRIMAGE TO LOUGH DERG
FRIDAY 9TH - SUNDAY 11TH AUGUST 2013
JOURNEY WITH THE LIVING CHURCH TEAM FOR A 3 DAY PILGRIMAGE THAT ALLOWS US TO STEP ASIDE FROM OUR MODERN LIFE AND ROUTINE. THIS SMALL DONEGAL ISLAND, WHICH WAS ONE OF ST PATRICK’S FIRST SANCTUARIES, OFFERS THE OPPORTUNITY FOR US TO CONNECT AGAIN WITH THE TREASURES OF OUR FAITH, TO REDISCOVER THE QUITNESS WITHIN AND TO GO AWAY RENEWED.
Remaining New Offertory Envelope Boxes for 2013 can be picked up at the back of the Church.
CONFIRMATION IN RATHLIN WILL BE HELD ON SUNDAY 19TH MAY 2013
FIRST HOLY COMMUNION IN ST PATRICK'S & ST BRIGID'S CHURCH SATURDAY 1ST JUNE 2013 @ 10.30AM.
GAELSCOIL HOLY COMMUNION SATURDAY 15TH JUNE 2013 @ 12NOON
St Patrick’s & St Brigid’s P.S. & Nursery Unit Enrolment for September 2013
Our Parish Primary school is now taking enrolments for September 2013.
Primary One - Children born between 2nd July 2008 – 1st July 2009
Nursery Unit – Children born between 2nd July 2009 – Onwards.
Places are also available throughout the school.
All enquiries are welcome please call into the school to collect an application pack
or telephone the school (028) 20762765 for a pack to be sent to you.
DIOCESAN PILGRIMAGE TO LOURDES
Celebrate the Year of Faith by joining the 30th Annual Diocesan Pilgrimage to Lourdes which takes place this July under the leadership of Bishop Treanor. Fare, inclusive of all charges and including return flight from Belfast to Lourdes and full-board in hotels in Lourdes, is
5 nights July 11 - 16 £570
7 nights July 10 - 17 £630
For further information and application forms see - Posters on display in the porch or ask at Sacristy